Can You Wear a Sports Bra Over a Regular Bra?
Whether or not you should wear a regular bra under a sports bra is a controversial issue. In ideal circumstances, you should not wear anything underneath your sports bra. If you buy a properly fitting and good quality sports bra, you are not supposed to bother wearing it over a normal bra.
A Sports Bra is meant to be comfortable as workout underwear. Wearing another bra under it makes it uncomfortable. If you feel more comfy when you wear a bra with a sports bra, then you’re wearing poor quality or wrong size or style.
Disadvantages of Wearing Stuff under a Sports Bra
Because a sports bra is supposed to be a workout innerwear, wearing clothing inside results in some difficulties. Below are some of the nuisances that come with the practice:
- Sports bras are made to wick away moisture – wearing them over things disables this feature. You therefore become hotter and soggy
- Some regular bras push the bust closer thereby hindering ventilation
- When the breasts are held closer, minimizing the figure-8 movement is obstructed
- Normal bras are made with tough materials which can dig and/pinch under the pressure of compression garments
- When taking part in exercises involving lifting a your hands above the head, the thin straps of normal bras will dig into your shoulders
Can You Wear Two Sports Bras?
Some ladies argue that two are better than one. The bottom line is that wearing two is better than wearing a regular one inside. But this is bound to make you hotter especially when exercising. The better option is to look for a Double Layer Sports Bra.
If your bra fits but is too thin to wear alone, layering over rather than under. For instance, you can wear a Feminine Sports Tank or T-shirt over your workout bra. Something else you can try is detachable bra pads. Some girls even use breast petals or nipple covers.
Why Girls Wear a Sports Bra over a
There are many reasons why some girls and women are adamant on using a regular bra underneath their sports outfit. Some of them are highlighted below:
- To hide the nipples
- Make breasts appear bigger – most sports bras tend to have a minimizing effect
- Out of habit – women are used to layering clothes and wearing just one item on the top does not feel okay
- To enhance support – this mostly happens to busty women
- Fashion designers are nowadays making sports bras for everyday wear. Some consumers confuse these with athletic bras and wear them for exercise, necessitating layering
- Influx of imitation sports bras. Only buy Top Rated Sports Bras
- Some ladies are either unwilling or unable to invest in good quality sports gear
- Some sports bras are somewhat translucent
- Avoid embarrassment in public changing rooms
Though wearing a sports bra alone is the ideal thing, it is by no means the easiest undertaking. The answer to this issue lies in buying a good quality bra in your correct size. Top rated manufacturers of sports bras include;
If you must wear your sports bra over other bras, here are some points that you should ponder upon:
- Choose a bra with no under-wire
- Opt for bras with wider straps
- Make the bra underneath discreet to avoid embarrassment
- If you must show any part of a regular bra underneath your sports gear, do it intentionally and be sure you are comfortable with it – avoid scenarios of wardrobe mishaps
- Avoid pushup bras
- Consider layering over the bra rather than underneath
You May Also Like:
How to Wear a Sports Bra without Padding
Feeling awkward about your nipples showing through your sports bra? Learn how you can wear your unpadded sports bra with no embarrassment or discomfort
Shop the best padded push up sports bras at a very affordable price. These athletic bras are super comfy, seamless and do not have the flattening effect of some workout bras
Shop the best back closure sports bras whether for workouts, daily use or post-operation. Also learn why you may need to wear a back clasp sports bra even for everyday wear
Discover how you can wear a sports bra under a tank top for a cute look. Also learn how to accentuate your outfit, and whether it is bad to show your straps with a sports bra tank top combo